For Those Who Wish To Read The Other Side Of MY Thoughts http://intrigue1manview.blogspot.com/
Don't be shy, leave a comment please... 1Manview © 1999 – 2020

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Too close? ............ Prose poem .......


Pleasure Principle had posted these lyrics from the song Too Close by Alex clare on her blog, 
http://pleasure-principle-hedone.blogspot.com/ the words triggered a response from me...  :) You can find the song on YouTube


And it feels like I am just too close to love you
There's nothing I can really say
I can lie no more
I can hide no more
Got to be true to myself
And it feels like I am just too close to love you
So I'll be on my way


You've given me more than I can return
Yet there's oh so much you deserve
Nothing to say
Nothing to do
I've nothing to give
I must live without you
You know we're heading separate ways



Too close?
I thought that was what love was about,
Closeness,
Close enough to want some of the things in life I want,
Close enough to share those things together,
Close enough to share our need of one another,
Close enough to share the love of two that has become the love of one

If I deserve more, then why are you leaving me?
You are all that I want, all that I need

Have I asked you for more?
Did I say I needed more then you can give?
What's better then having someone who gives you one hundredth percent of what they have to offer?

I do not need more, 
I do not want more, 
I do not deserve more then you can provide me,
All I ask of you is to love me totally,
And if you can fulfill this one request, then stay,
Because without your closeness, 
My life has no meaning, no love, no air to breath....

1Manview © 1999 – 2013

4 comments:

  1. A beautifully tender piece, 1Man...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How romantic ~ Wishing you a happy weekend ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. That a beautiful piece of work I wish I had wrote that lol

    ReplyDelete