For Those Who Wish To Read The Other Side Of MY Thoughts http://intrigue1manview.blogspot.com/
Don't be shy, leave a comment please... 1Manview © 1999 – 2020

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Missing you ... Thoughts of the Pandemic

Window shade entirely pulled down
Curtains not drawn back
Eyes open to a new day of darkness

My hand reaches over to caress the softness of your flesh.
To follow the definitions of your body.
But all that my fingertips touch, was a memory of the past.



Just like a thought flowing down memory lane
Tears flow down the side of my cheeks.
Following the path, it has followed since the second you left me.

It was sudden, as a ragging thunderstorm turning the blue sky black.
One day a dry cough, a week later, you were a memory forever itched inside my consciousness.
It was not a suffocating ordeal that lasted for weeks or a month
It was as quick as a heartbeat inside my chest.
Now I lay in the darkness of the room crying from missing you.
Crying because you are no longer by my side to share the wonders of life with me

You were a person that was funny and bright.
With a soul that was so full of God-given life
A person whom I had planned to live an eternity with while sharing the optimum of being loved by someone dear
Who would have guessed, death was lingering so near?


I shall never forget you nor the love we shared
Because every morning that my eyes open, the memory of you will be everywhere
A love that is a mainstay forever within my heart
A love that will not stop
Even when the day, my weeping tears, shall no longer drop
My heart will miss you... 


©1Manview

I wrote this poem in thoughts of all that has lost a loved one to the Pandemic
A prayer was said for all.

Peace and love
1ManView

8 comments:

  1. An excellent poem and fitting for these days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wandering Writer. I keep seeing numbers on the dead on the TV, but very little about the everyday person who lost that love one.

      peace and love
      1ManView

      Delete
  2. Beautiful words, and truly tragic losses for many!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miniele Labraun, It was nice to see your response.

      peace and love
      1ManView

      Delete
  3. 1MV - That was beautiful. Bought tears to my eyes. Thank you.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you much Ronnie. There is too much about numbers on the news, and not enough about the impact on people lives...

      peace and love
      1ManView

      Delete