For Those Who Wish To Read The Other Side Of MY Thoughts http://intrigue1manview.blogspot.com/
Don't be shy, leave a comment please... 1Manview © 1999 – 2020

Saturday, December 24, 2022

Tweleve Days Of Loving You - (11) The weakness in me -Prose poem


From the day I was a man born, 
It was instilled into me to be a man strong:
Strong in mind,
Strong in the arms,
Strong-shouldered to carry life burdens,
Strong-willed to be all I could be in my lifetime

Then came you

A woman who made me see the light in the dark,
Darkness in the bright of the sun,
Feel the coolness in the hot summer breeze,
Feel the heat on the coldest of dark nights

You have become the woman who made me weak:
Weak in my mind thoughts,
Weak in my heart

You make me laugh when I don't want to,
You make me reflect on the good in my life while letting go of the bad,
You helped me learn patients when I no longer have none, 
You taught me to forget while forgiving those who trespass against me

You are genuinely the weakness in me,
A weakness I call by name,
 Love 



© 1Manview

1 comment: