For Those Who Wish To Read The Other Side Of MY Thoughts http://intrigue1manview.blogspot.com/
Don't be shy, leave a comment please... 1Manview © 1999 – 2020

Thursday, December 15, 2022

Twelve Days Of Loving You - (2) Made to love you - Thought Letter


I recalled when we first met a long time ago. One of my best friend's little sisters running around the house, Hiding like an undersized mouse every time I visited your brother. Little did I know meeting you would change my destiny.

One day the rumor that you were at my high school.
The little girl I used to see as her brother's little pest. Who was still short and maybe a little skinny? But I could not tell because you dressed like a grandma with your ankle-high dresses.

I did not see extensively of you in high school because my mind was on becoming a man.
Because high school for me was coming quickly to an end, and I had big decisions as a teenager who was looking forward to becoming a young man

After a major disappointment, I choose the Army to help me get ahead in this world of uncertainty. The war was on, but I felt I would survive with God on my side deep down inside my soul.
A twist of fate (GOD) sent me in another direction, and I missed the war entirely.

As I grew into a very young man, I made more effective plans for my future. After more than two and a half years, I saw you again when I came home on duty leave.
You were a cute and filled-out teenager, but the three years of age difference made you too young for my plans for the future.
After being released from the Army, I saw you again. We became friends, but I never thought of you more than one of my best friends' sisters. 

A year and a half passed. I saw you now and then, but I was busy with my life master plans that did not include you. But after a breakup, I became lost and lonely. I gave up on love and became someone who knew how to enjoy being with himself. But one day, I was convinced to give love another try. But it ended in a breakup that left my heart scorned by someone I had known my entire life. After that, love was differently not a priority for me. So I moved on with my life master plans, not knowing that the early heartaches had made me a better man for you. 

For unknown reasons, we seemed to bump into each other more often. Our talks became longer and more confidential. The rumor was you wanted me to ask you out. But you were still my best friend, little sister, and a good friend to be around and have engaging conversations But not the wife I had imagined in my life plans.

One day after visiting your brother at your house, I was leaving and saw you at the kitchen sink washing dishes. My eyes did not see my best friend's little sister anymore but a young lady with the frame and mindset of a young woman. But I still felt you were too young for my future planning.

As time idled by, the more I saw you, the more I let my guard down, and you slipped more into my life. And the more you fell into my life, I thought you were the kind of woman I could trust to not break my heart like the others. You were the type of woman I would be proud to be around. Proud to be seen hand in hand. A quiet yet strong will woman. A woman decisive in God's name. Soon I had feelings for you; I could not fight anymore.

After our first try-out date, I knew I would always be with you, especially if you could wait for me to grow into the man I wanted to become. Because being in the Army made me realize that age did not make a man. Life experience made men. And part of my life plan was to have someone by my side as I grew into a genuine adult. 

One day at home, out of the blue. I thought of you at the kitchen table, which enticed a big smile on my face. My mother saw it and asked me what I was thinking. Caught off guard, I just shook my head and said nothing. But I could tell by my mother's big smile she knew because she knew me better than anyone. And knowing mom, she had known long before I realized I had fallen in love with you.
  
Being married to you has been incredible. But like life itself, it had its up and downs. But we always found a way to drop sails to get through the strong winds and around the rough tides. Recently we had to let down the sails again. I have been moody and sad of late, but today my love of music came through for me again. A simple song made me realize why our marriage has lasted the test of time. And why will we make it past the strong winds and high tides again? Here are the song's simple words that say it better than I could. All but the part that did not say, "I love you, LC."
And I shall forever.

(Please push play)

[Chorus:]
I was made to love you
My hands to touch you
My arms to hold you
My legs to stand
My time to spend-
With you forever
I was made -
Made to love you.

My lips to kiss you
My eyes to see you
My legs to stand
My time to spend-
With you forever
My life together
I was made -
Made to love you.

It had to be my destiny.
I was made to love you.


Song-Made to love you
By Gerald LeVert


©1ManView

2 comments:

  1. Enhorabuena por se amor que perdura y se sigue luchado po él . Un abrazo .Feliz Navidad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me doy cuenta de que el amor no es un hecho. Tienes que trabajar para conseguirlo. Y haz lo mismo para mantenerlo. Gracias por tus palabras.

      1ManView

      Delete